Who knew? Sweet potatoes for breakfast or just about any time of day. Sweet potatoes are great to use also to make yummy brownies. Not all carbs are bad. We just need to make sure we are choosing the right ones.
Sweet potatoes may help maintain a healthy blood pressure. The high fibre content of sweet potatoes helps prevent constipation and give the digestive process a helping hand.
Easy Sweet potato pancakes
- 450 g sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into cubes
- 6 eggs
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 30 g walnuts or pecans
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Cook the sweet potato in a pot of boilingwater for around 15 mins.Then drain and let it cool.
- Place the cooked potatoes in a high bowl,add the eggs and cinnamon, and puree with a hand blender until smooth.
- Heat ¼ tbsp. of the oil in a largenon-stick frying pan and add 3 portions of batter.
- Fry the pancakes for about 3 minutes until golden brown and done.Turn halfway and repeat with the remaining batter.
- Divide the pancakes onto plates (3 perserving), sprinkle with the chopped nuts and drizzle with maple syrup, toserve.