Healthy homemade chocolates are so easy. Raw cacao is another staple I wouldn’t be without in the pantry. You can make yummy healthy hot chocolates, use it in baking, homemade chocolates like this one, chocolate protein shakes.
Unlike cocoa, which has been roasted and heavily processed, raw cacao is high in nutrient value and packed with flavanoids and magnesium, great for high bloody pressure, for the nervous system and cognitive function.
Healthy homemade raw chocolates
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup Raw cacao powder
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- mixed nuts and seeds optional
- Melt all the ingredients over a low heat
- Add mixed nuts and seeds if you wish or they can be enjoyed plain also
- Once melted, pour into chocolate moulds
- Leave to freeze for a few hours or overnight